Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dardos Awards

When I started working at my clinic, I would tell stories about my patients to my friends. I kept hearing over and over again, "You have to blog about these." So I started Caterpillars to Butterflies. I gave my blog this name because I've always had a fascination with butterflies. Once crawling sluggishly, then trapped in their cocoon, they are rebirthed into something so beautiful. Dressed now in their distinctive colors they gently dance on flowers. So many of the patients I meet feel trapped in their lives. It is a privilege for me to try and help them find their beauty; their own distinctive colors. I hold hope that if found, they too will gently walk down a new path.

It didn't really occur to me that people would actually be interested in reading these stories and when I started getting comments, it inspired me to write more. I write because most people don't ever see what I see everyday. I write because I hope to give these people attention and pay tribute to the stories of their lives. I write because it helps me alleviate some of the stress I feel at this job.

I recently received an award from two different people. Their blogs are fantastic and I am honored to have received an award from them.

The Premio Dardos Award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.

Here is what Citizen K said:
She hasn't been at it long and I wish she'd write more, but Molly The Dog's Caterpillars to Butterflies is already a must-read for Citizen K. Molly employs plain, repertorial language to tell stories of her experiences as a nurse at an inner city clinic, writing in a way that combines realism with compassion.

Here is what Fox Home said:
Caterpillars to Butterflies is written with passion, compassion, generosity and wisdom about performing some of the most exhausting work in the world, helping those who are at the extremity where they cannot help themselves.

If you follow my blog, please don't forget to add me to your blog list so that those who read your blog will be introduced to mine.

Thank you!

2 comments:

Foxessa said...

It's almost Valentine's Day. I hope you'll be one of mine?

Love, C.

Molly The Dog said...

Absolutely! Thank you for all your encouragement.